Drone V3 project got featured in Blue Moon, Andover's Science and Engineering magazine! The article is attached below, though it isn't some of my best work.
After the quite hilarious, anti-climactic destruction of drone v3, I have started on V4. When disemboweling the electronics from my v3, I noticed how similar they looked to a nervous system or the entrails. It was truly a dead beast. When v4 has been constructed, I'll post about it here. Hopefully, I'll have more time now that the Summer has come.
This keyboard cover was programmatically designed and created. For further detail, look at the earlier post describing my creation of it. Now, however, the final print came! I was hoping for a silicone cover, but, unfortunately, it is just sticker keyboard caps. It still looks pretty good though!
I've been testing my wireless system for my drone recently, but one of the tests did not go as planned. I wasn't expecting it to take off, and one of the motors wasn't plugged in. This situation lead to the drone flying and crashing into the wall. The top frame shattered. I could laser cut the design and get the drone back in flying order in a couple of hours, but I think the shattering showed a fragility in the design that I dislike. I'm redesigning now and hoping the new design will be a bit more rugged.
I originally got my keyboard cover to stop sawdust from going underneath my keys. In that way, it is still entirely functional. Unfortunately, it has not held up aesthetically. For this reason, I have finally decided to get a new keyboard cover. Being a maker, however, I needed to put my own touch on it.
Below is a picture of some moving beziers that use perlin noise. I generated all of them using a processing script and compiled them together in photoshop. I'll post a picture of the keyboard once it's printed!